The garnishes just make this delicious chili, especially the sour cream. This will become a stable in your home! Amazing!
In The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner page 50
The Food Nanny
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 6 to 8 small garlic cloves minced
- 1 7-ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup sour cream plus additional for topping
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped tomatoes
- Cook the chicken by the desired method. Cool and tear into pieces. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook and stir until the onion is translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken, chiles, beans, broth, chicken bouillon, cumin, oregano, and cayenne. Simmer 30 to 45 minutes. Chili can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated or frozen for serving later.
- Add the 1 cup sour cream and cheese, and continue cooking until the cheese is melted. Keep warm until serving.
- Serve in bowls and pass cilantro, tomatoes, and additional sour cream.
- Serve with ciabatta bread. Broil it a couple of minutes until crisp. Let your family or guest tear the bread instead of serving it sliced. Pass the butter.