We had the best time with our friend Leighanne (@leighanne_yourhomebasedmom) yesterday! Her fabulous French Dip sandwich is amazing and our Kamut baguettes just put it over the top!!! We are definitely eating these again tomorrow for family dinner! xo Liz + Lizi
This Tri tip sandwich is sure to be a people pleaser. You can serve it two ways. The first is as a French dip sandwich by adding cheese and using the delicious juices leftover as a dipping sauce. I also like to add some chipotle mayo to mine. If you prefer a Philly Cheeses teak style sandwich just saute some peppers and onions and add to sandwich along with the cheese
Tri-Tip Sandwich with Chipotle Mayo
The Food Nany
- 1 3 lb. tri-tip roast
- 2 C beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- Provolone cheese sliced
Philly Cheese Steak Version: sliced bell pepper sliced onion and 2 Tbsp canola or olive oil
- Place in slow cooker. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce into slow cooker, do not pour directly over the top of the tri tip and wash off the seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred into large pieces.
- Strain remaining liquid and use as a dip for sandwich
- Place meat onto a toasted bun topped with chipotle mayo and add cheese. Place under broiler for a minute to melt cheese.
- If you prefer a Philly Cheesesteak style sandwich, sauté some onions and peppers and add to sandwich along with provolone cheese. (see note below)
- Sautéed Peppers and Onion: Heat oil in pan over medium high heat, add sliced peppers and onion and sauté over medium high heat until soft.
½ mayo cup
- 1 tsp adobe sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1 -2 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.