TOMATO BASIL CREAM SOUP
There’s not a better comfort food than homemade tomato soup and a toasted cheese sandwich! It is a great option for a meatless meal as well. If you are growing a basil plant, it is fun to add your own fresh basil to this recipe. This is a super easy quick meal!!XOXOXO
Tomato Basil Cream Soup
The Food Nanny
- 1/2 yellow onion minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 2 14.5 oz. cans small diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Course Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese grated
- In a medium size saucepan, sauté the onion in olive oil until soft. Add garlic and flour and stir for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes with juice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to low and cook for 5 min.
- Blend tomato mixture in blender or an immersion blender.
- Return tomato mixture to the saucepan, add cream, stir until cream is blended. Heat until almost boiling. Season with course salt, ground black pepper and fresh basil.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.