Santa Fe Lime Rice
The Food Nanny
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice or calrose rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- To use a rice cooker, combine all the ingredients in the cooker. Cover and turn on.
- To cook on the stove, combine the rice, broth, and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Decrease the heat to simmer and add the lime juice, butter, cilantro, and cumin. Stir, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
Variation: Add 3 cups (about 1 pound) shredded cooked chicken to take this recipe from side dish to main dish.