Often times Shish Kabob is a great choice when you are not in the mood for a big steak. It is also very cost effective. You can feed 4 adults with 2 great steaks. I like to use good steak for my Shish Kabob so that every bite of meat is delicious. This is a nice way to enjoy summer!! XOXO
Rib Eye Shish Kabob with Garlic Marinade
The Food Nanny
- 4 14- inch metal skewers
- 2 1/4- inch Boneless Rib Eye Steaks about 1 pound, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 8 pieces
- 16 white button mushrooms
- 8 red grape tomatoes
- 8 yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 fresh or dried herbs of your choice; rosemary oregano, marjoram, or thyme
- Season the streaks with coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Cut each steak into eight 1 inch by 1 inch pieces per steak. Cut around any fat. Set aside.
- Cut the green pepper into 8 equal pieces. With a wet paper towel wipe off the fresh mushrooms. Rinse the tomatoes. Cut the onion into 8 pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper with your choice of herbs, 1/4 teaspoon each. Mix. This is the marinade.
- Place the meat and veggies in a dish and pour the marinade over top and toss with your hand to coat. Take one skewer at a time and start with a piece of meat, green pepper, mushroom, red or yellow tomatoes, onion, then repeat 4 times. Start over with another skewer.
- Preheat the BBQ grill to medium high heat. Take a paper towel and fold it into fourths. Drizzle with olive oil and run it over the grate to oil it. Place the skewers on top of the BBQ grate and grill turning often for 10-12 min. Cover the grill every time after you tun the skewers. Serve immediately.
- Serve with: Grilled Potatoes with Cream page 175 or Grilled Red Potatoes page 161. Lettuce Wraps page 210. Grilled Garlic Parmesan Bread page 173. Fresh broccoli and cauliflower. Crusty Bread.
Toss meat and veggies with olive oil, coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Use 1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken cut up, and marinate in a re-sealable bag with the following sauce at least 2 hours before grilling.
Sauce: 1/4 cup soy sauce.; 2 Tablespoons lemon juice; 2 cloves minced garlic; 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger; 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger; 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard. Reserve marinade. Use the same veggies as above only adding in green or red bell pepper and fresh pineapple chunks. While grilling brush with marinade and grill for 15-20 min. turning often. Serve over Jasmine Rice page 218