I love all the flavors and can’t get enough of the pork or this dressing. Love it in the salad! Try it in tacos and burritos too. There are so many great new Mexican flavors out there. This is one of our favorites! xo
Pork Verde with Lime Dressing Salad
The Food Nanny
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dressing and Zest and juice both
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
2 tomatillos peeled and cut into pieces
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves only - cleaned and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped Use the seeds if you like extra heat. Go easy according to your taste.
1 ½ pounds boneless pork roast
- Garlic salt to taste
- 1 12 oz. can of regular not diet Coca Cola
- 8 oz. salsa – or Everyday Salsa page 227
- 1 cup brown sugar
Lime Ranch Dressing:
Place the roast in a crock-pot and sprinkle generously with garlic salt. Pour in enough water just to cover the roast. Cook on high for 3 ½ hours.
- Drain all the water off the roast and divide the roast into 4 sections.
Use an immersion blender or regular blender to mix coke, salsa and brown sugar together until smooth. Pour over the roast and continue to cook on high for another 1 ½ hours.
- Shred pork with a fork.
Pour the Lime Ranch Dressing over the pork and enjoy with rice and beans; or make Tacos, Burritos or a Sweet Pork Salad.
Sweet Pork Salad:
Place a 6 to 8 inch flour tortilla sprinkled with Mexican blend cheese on a cookie sheet. Broil about 6 inches away from the broiler element until the cheese melts.
- Place the flour tortilla in a one-serving size pasta bowl.
- Top with shredded pork.
- Food Nanny Lime Rice or Mexican Rice (Book #1).
- Black Beans.
- Romaine lettuce, chopped.
- Fresh Roma tomatoes, chopped.
- Avocado, chopped.
- Corn tortilla strips, available in any store.
Lime Ranch Dressing over all. Serve immediately.
Variations: You may serve this pork with Food Nanny Lime Rice and black or pinto beans on the side. The pork is also terrific in tacos, burritos. Always serve the Lime Ranch Dressing on the side.