I love all the flavors and can’t get enough of the pork or this dressing. Love it in the salad! Try it in tacos and burritos too. There are so many great new Mexican flavors out there. This is one of our favorites! We just had a fun taco party and it was a hit!!
Xo, The Food Nanny
Pork Verde With Lime Dressing
The Food Nanny
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dressing and Zest and juice both
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to matillos peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves only cleaned and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped Use the seeds if you like extra heat. Go easy according to your taste.
1/2 pounds boneless pork roast
- Garlic salt to taste
- oz. can of regular not diet Coca Cola
- oz. salsa- or everyday salsa page 227
- 1 cup brown sugar
Lime Ranch Dressing:
- Empty the buttermilk packet into a food processor or blender. Add the buttermilk, mayonnaise, tomatillos, cilantro, garlic, zest, and juice of one lime and the jalapeno. Mix until well blended.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Severe at room temperature.
- Place the roast in a crock-pot and sprinkle generously with garlic salt. Pour in enough water just to cover the roast. Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.
- Drain all the water off the roast and divide the roast into 4 sections.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to mix the coke, salsa and brown sugar together until smooth. Pour over roast and continue to cook on high for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Shred pork with fork.
- Pour the Lime Ranch Dressing over the pork and enjoy with rice beans; or make Tacos, Burritos or a Sweet Pork Salad.