What’s better than breakfast for dinner??!! and let’s face it, it’s so easy! Everyone knows about German Pancakes but our sauce is what makes it so delicious.
In The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner page 103
German Pancakes With Strawberries
The Food Nanny
1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter (not margarine)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries or half of a 16-ounce package frozen unsweetened whole strawberries thawed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Put the butter into a 10-inch ovenproof skillet and place it in the oven. (As an alternative to a skillet, use a 9-inch round baking dish.)
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs, flour, milk, and salt in a blender.
- When the butter has melted, carefully pull out the oven rack and quickly pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the pancakes if puffed up and lightly browned. It will flatten slightly after it comes out of oven.
- Sweeten the strawberries with the granulated sugar in a small bowl and mix the sour cream with brown sugar in a separate small bowl.
- Cut the pancake into wedges and serve on individual plates. Top with the strawberries and sweetened sour cream.
Use raspberries instead of strawberries.
Double the recipe, using a larger skillet or baking dish, such as a 9 X 13-inch pan.