French Cherry Clafouti
The Food Nanny
1- 1/ ¼ pounds ripe pitted cherries. (the darker the tastie about 5-6 cups.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon French salt fleur de sel.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 375
- Wash Cherries under cold water. Remove the stem and pit.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
Generously butter (with soft butte a glass pie dish. Fill the pie dish with the washed, pitted cherries.
- In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and salt together. Slowly add the flour. Mix. Mix the milk, and vanilla. Add this to the eggs and sugar. Combine.
- Pour the batter over the cherries in the pie dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until light brown. Take out of oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Pronounced ( CLAH-FOO-TEE)
(a simple favorite summer dessert in France, it’s light, not too sweet!)