I obviously love cooking. I enjoy the smells and the way my home feels when something delicious is cooking in my kitchen. It’s fun falling in love with a recipe all over again! That is what has happened with these little chicken tenders. Lately I just can’t get enough of them! If you’re looking for a new meal for dinner tonight this is for you! I like to serve it with brown rice and broccoli.
CONVERSATION STARTER FOR DINNER TONIGHT: How do you feel you fit into the family?
Chicken Tenders with Green Chili Sauce
The Food Nanny
8 chicken tenders
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Rubbed sage sage rubbed between your fingers to almost powder
- Steak seasoning or another favorite “dry” seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 ⁄3 cup cream
- 1 - 4 oz. can mild diced green chilies
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Prepare the Brown Rice: Bring rice, chicken broth and butter to a boil. Reduce heat, cover with tight fitting lid. Simmer 45 min. Allow to rest for 5 min. Cooking times may vary.
- Prepare the Chicken Tenders: Wipe off the chicken tenders with a wet paper towel. Place the tenders on clean paper towels and sprinkle each one with the following in order given: coarse salt, fresh ground black pepper, rubbed sage, cumin and steak seasoning on both sides.
- In a medium fry pan over medium heat add olive oil and butter until it just starts to sizzle.
- Place the chicken tenders in the pan and sear about 3 min. per side. Turn the heat down to low.
- Add cream. Cook for 1 min. Mix in the diced chilies. Dot little pieces of cream cheese around the chicken and chili sauce. Cover. Continue to cook over low heat for 15 min.
- Serve immediately over Brown Rice. Serve with: Brown Rice, broccoli, cauliflower, or fresh peas. Other options: quinoa, white rice.
Variations: Chicken Tenders – cut your own tenders from boneless/skinless chicken breasts by cutting 2-inch long strips. Use Half and Half in place of cream. Use small boneless/skinless chicken breasts.