This is burrito is seriously better than any one you can get out at a restaurant. It’s perfection with our Santa Fe Lime Rice, chicken and black beans. Then to top it off you pour on our sauce, it’s so good you want to just drink the sauce alone. You will be very satisfied after making this dinner.
Chicken Burrito's With Salsa Verde And Lime
The Food Nanny
- Santa Fe Lime Rice p.123
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 15-oz can blacked beans, drained
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack
2 cups bottled salsa verde
2 0.4-ounce packet buttermilk dressing mix
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
2/3 cup sour cream
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon French salt
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup sugar
- Dash Tabasco optional
- Prepare the rice and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, grill (or broil) the chicken breasts over medium heat, 6 to 8 minutes per side, until tender and no longer pink. Shred the chicken with two forks. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the sauce, put all the sauce ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Heat the sauce in a saucepan or the microwave.
- Heat the black beans in a saucepan or the microwave.
- To assemble burritos: Divide the chicken among the 6 tortillas. Add a scoop of rice and a scoop of beans to each one. Fold up the bottom third of one tortilla over the filling, fold in the sides, and then fold down the top. Repeat for the remanning tortillas.
- Preheat the broiler to low and adjust the oven rack to about 6 inches from the heat. Place the filled burritos seam side down in a broiler pan, or oblong metal pan, and pour the sauce over all. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place the pan under the broiler. Watch closely and broil until the sauce is bubbly, just a few minutes.
- Serve with chips and salsa.