These scones are super easy and delicious, they are a cross between a biscuit and English scone. They are the perfect thing to take to baby showers or brunches with your family and friends. Give them a try today!!
Blueberry Lemon Scones
The Food Nanny
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest optional
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice optional
- In a small bowl (using 2 forks or a pastry blender) or in a food processor, pulse until the flour, butter, sugar, salt and baking powder together looks lumpy like feta cheese.
- Mix the egg, Half and Half and lemon zest (if using) together. Gently fold into the dry ingredients.
- Bring the dough together with your hands and turn out onto lightly floured surface. Fold it over a couple of times. Press the dough out into a rectangle. Cut the dough in half lengthwise. Cut 4 Pieces the same size, from each other.
- Sprinkle on the blueberries then sprinkle the brown sugar over top the blueberries
- Lay scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. or until light brown around the edges. Pour the glaze over the warm scones. Serve warm.