I learned how to make this original Greek Salad in Athens from some of the best Chefs. The best part of the salad is dipping your bread into the last of the olive oil and spices left in the bottom of the bowl. The salad is super fresh can be made for a side dish or a great summertime lunch!!! Make sure to have your favorite Artisan bread to go along with it!
Athens Greek Salad
The Food Nanny
- 1 large tomato sliced into wedges
- 1 cucumber peeled and cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 1/2 green Bell pepper cut into small strips
- Kalamato olives to taste about 10
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- Greek oregano fresh or dried to sprinkle on
- Coarse salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Feta cheese I like to find the big slice of feta about 1 in. thick and 3 in. long
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Select a medium size bowl to make this salad in.. I like a shallow bowl for this salad.
- Cut the tomato in half lengthwise, then in half again to make 4 pieces. Place in bowl. Peel the cucumber and cut into 1/2 in. pieces, place in the bowl. Slice the red onion and green bell pepper, place in the bowl. Add olives. Sprinkle on the capers, oregano, salt and white pepper.
- Lay the feta on top of the vegetables. Drizzle generously with olive oil and serve immediately.