The first time I ate this pizza in Italy, I just could not believe how much I loved the nutty flavor! For those ARUGULA lovers you will love it! If you want to try something special and different, take a chance on this pizza!!! It is so fresh, so healthy, so good for you.
The Food Nanny
- 1 pizza dough ball – Tuscan Sun Pizza dough page 133
- ⅔ cup fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- ½ cup fresh cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half Olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500°.
- Roll out the dough. Place the dough on an oiled pizza pan or baking sheet. Or, on a pizza peel with a little flour and cornmeal to move pizza to a stone or tile. Brush olive oil over the entire pizza.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella cheese and place it on the crust or top with shredded regular mozzarella.
- Bake in a 500° oven for 6-8 min. on bottom oven rack until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and immediately pile the arugula pieces onto the hot melted cheese and top with tomatoes. Drizzle a little olive oil on top. Season lightly with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper.
- I felt like adding some avocados!! It was yummy! Enjoy!! XOXO