This is another one of my favorite summer salads. It’s cold and refreshing! I love when it is at the party, and I can enjoy just a scoop of it. This makes for a large crowd. It also keeps well and is good for lunch or a treat the next day! This is usually a kid favorite. Make it ahead of time so it has plenty of time to chill! XOXOXOXOXO
Acni Di Pepe Fruit Salad
The Food Nanny
- 2 cups uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 3 eggs yolks beaten
- 1 3/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 8oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 14oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 20oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 to 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 11oz cans mandarin oranges, drained
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks, pineapple juice, sugar, flour, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thickened.
- Drain the cooked pasta and put it in a medium bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the pasta and stir until well-mixed. Cover and refrigerate six to eight hours.
- Fold in the whipped topping to loosen the chilled pasta mixture. Then fold in the pineapple and marshmallows. Gently fold in the oranges last to avoid breaking them up.