Hello Fannies! We missed you last week! But after a wonderful trip to Mexico (more on that later) we are back to normal life around here! And with that, we have some fun things in store for you.
Do you still have some gifts to buy? Or maybe you still can't decide what you want this year. Either way, don't forget to check out our ultimate gift guide. We gathered some of our very favorite things that we think you will love too.
Christmas Treat Roudup:
Tis the season for lots and lots of treats! Whether you are looking for something to bring to a party, to share with neighbors, or to enjoy with family, we have you covered.
- Dark Secrets: This is one of our favorite Christmas cookies. It puts a delicious spin on the traditional Mexican wedding cookie by adding a chocolate kiss to the middle. These are definitely crowd pleasers!
- Gingersnaps with Vanilla Chips Frosting: When I think about Christmas cookies, these are at the top of my list. They look beautiful and taste just as amazing. People won't believe you made them!
- Grandma's Sugar Cookie Cutouts: If you are looking for an absolutely amazing sugar cookie, look no farther. This is a family recipe that we have been making for decades. You can make it special for any holiday, making it perfect for all your Christmas parties.
- Bread Pudding: No dessert screams comfort and home quite like bread pudding. This is the perfect things to serve when friends and family come to visit. The caramel sauce makes our recipe top notch.
- Hello Dolly Bars: This has become one of our very favorite desserts. Just take one bite and you will be hooked!
- Caramel Popcorn: We would put our recipe up against any! Popcorn is always a hit, and a nice spin on the usual desserts this time of year. Its the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
- Peanut Butter Cookies: Finally, one of the best things about this cookie is all the variations. You can add a Hershey kiss or Reeses to the middle or even just add chocolate chips. But at Christmas time, our favorite thing to do is to dip half of the cookie into chocolate. It makes a basic cookie feel special and unique!
Did you catch my crazy, amazing Mexico trip with Abi last week? It was a nonstop party! And now we want you to come on a trip with us! Let me give you a little background on how it all got started:
A couple months ago, Abi joined me for a live. I introduced her to the unbelievable Mexican vanilla one of our Fannies sends us. Abi couldn't get over the amazing smell and taste! Somehow this transitioned to us talking about our love for Mexico, and next thing we know, people are asking us to take them on a trip. So we started getting the ball rolling for you!
Before putting a trip together, we wanted to make sure we could give you a vacation of a lifetime. So we went down and explored! We were spoiled by 2 different resorts and had to make lots of decisions on what we would do with you guys.
Our rooms were decked out in welcome gifts, rice art, and so much more. They even wrote out Food Nanny in the sand! I cried when I first saw it. We seriously ate like queens. After experiencing it for ourselves, we want to give you the opportunity. We know its not the easiest time to pay right before Christmas, but this is a trip you do not want to miss. Here are all of the details:
We will be in Mexico for 6 days and 5 nights. We decided to go with the Live Aqua (All-inclusive) Resort Cancun in February. You can sign up here. Everything is built in to the cost, except for any shopping expenses. Each morning, we will start with some group yoga. You really won't have to think about a thing while there. Here is the schedule:
- Day 1: Big welcome dinner at Live Aqua! This will give us all a chance to get to know each other!
- Day 2: Relax and enjoy the beach! You will have a cabana where you can get face and foot massages. Then that night we are going to an unbelievable restaurant. It will be one of the best and nicest meals of your life!
- Day 3: Next, we will head out on a Catamaran to a little Island. Once there, we will snorkel, enjoy lunch, and have a party! And then we will enjoy a nice dinner at the hotel that night.
- Day 4: This will be our exploration day. We will take you to see the authentic handmade pottery we love! This is perfect for Mexican dinner night if you decide to buy some. Then we will be going on a taco tour. After trying 5 different restaurants tacos, you will learn how to make homemade tortillas! Following that, we will go to 5th Avenue of Mexico. Apparently, this is the best shopping Mexico has to offer.
- Day 5: Lastly, its another relaxation day! We will spend time at the beach again, as well as head to the hotel spa. Everyone will get a 1 hour massage! I can't think of a better way to end the perfect girls trip.
So what are you waiting for? Snag your spot and come with us! Between Abi and myself, you are bound to laugh your way through Mexico. Finally, here are some things we want you to consider:
- Come with a friend, sister, or mom to get the best price.
- We are staying at an All-inclusive resort. So all the food and drinks you could want are already built in to the price. Plus, things like the boat ride, cooking class, and massage, are already paid for!
- You MUST sign up by Friday, December 20th. Click here to do so and for more information on the trip. Come have the girls trip of a life time with us!
And that's a wrap! Happy Holiday's Fannies. Keep cooking, your family is worth it!