Who isn’t into Avocado Toast? For Breakfast lunch or dinner, right? Serve it long side soup or Salad! Avocados have no sugar and lots of fiber!
When I was a kid growing up in California we ate this a lot! We had wonderful Avocados grown very near to our home! My Mother loved Avocados and we watched her put them into Salads regularly!! We topped soups with them and ate them plain on toast!Enjoy this version of our Avocado Toast ! It is super healthy and delicious!
FN Avocado Toast
The Food Nanny
- 1 piece all-purpose White Kamut bread or FN All Purpose White Kamut Baguette Bread or Whole Grain Kamut Bread or any bread of choice.
- 1 pod fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- Fleur de sel
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Grape tomato
- Toast the bread under the broiler until warm, just starting to give a hint of brown around the edges.
- Remove from broiler and polish with fresh garlic clove. (just run the clove of garlic over the warm bread)
- Brush on the olive oil
- Sprinkle on the fresh parmesan cheese
- Return to Broiler, broil until cheese is melted and toast is barely brown
- While the cheese toast is melting smash the avocado with a fork, add the fleur de sel and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Top the warm bread with the avocado mixture and top with a half slice of a grape tomato.
- Serve warm.