We would put these chocolate chip cookies up against any out there! They really are that good.
It has become hard to eat other cookies because we crave these. The flavor from Kamut, the french salt, and good quality ingredients is the key. Over the years, we have switched up a few things and now think we have perfected them. Here are a few of our tips!
- Use cold premium butter. We love land o lakes, but there are also some incredible European butters. They will cost you more, but the flavor is night and day! Worth every penny. And we have recently discovered that cold butter is the only way to go. This is what gives us our fluffy cookies!
- Use parchment paper. This will help your cookies bake more evenly.
- French Salt. It adds so much flavor and the perfect crunch!
- Kamut All Purpose Flour. You know how much we love this flour. It makes all the difference with flavor and digestibility.
- Pure Vanilla. This will also cost you more than an imitation vanilla, but it has a much stronger flavor. Plus, it is much better for you as it is not chock full of chemicals.
- Use a cookie scoop! This will help you to make them all the same size, and will help them hold their size.
- Don’t push your cookies down after baking! Lizi swears by this!
You may be noticing a trend here, and it’s that we are using all the best ingredients. We love saving money wherever we can, but not when it comes to the ingredients in our cookies! The chocolate chips, vanilla, salt, butter, and flour make such a difference.
One of the best things about this recipe is you can switch it up to fit whatever you are craving. You can add a handful of coconut or even some nuts. Get creative and make the perfect chocolate chip cookie!