The Food Nanny
- 1 medium onion chopped coarsely
- 2 Tablespoons butter
3 ¾ cups zucchini squash peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Half and Half
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- Clean, chop and cook onion in butter until soft and transparent but not browned.
- Wash, peel and cube zucchini into about 2 inch pieces. Combine onion, zucchini and chicken broth in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, simmer 15 min. or until squash is tender. Add seasonings.
- Using a blender or an immersion blender, puree mixture until smooth. Return to saucepan if using a blender.
- Add Half and Half and adjust seasoning to taste. Reheat but do not boil.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated cheddar cheese. Serve with: fresh tomatoes with olive oil and capers.
Pepper Jack Cheese or Colby Jack Cheese to garnish.