1. Cream together in a medium size bowl until light and fluffy with a hand-held or electric mixer:
Brown sugar, butter and egg.
2. Stir together in a medium size bowl the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside.
3. Combine the milk and vanilla. Set aside.
4. Slowly add to the creamed brown sugar, butter and egg the dry ingredients and the milk mixture, alternating back and forth between the two, beating until the batter is well combined and smooth.
5. Prepare a cookie sheet with brown parchment paper or with baking spray. Using a 2 Tablespoon scoop place the dough 2 in a row. Spray the scoop with baking spray so thesticky dough comes out nicely.
6. Bake at 350 in a preheated oven. 9-12 minutes. The cookieshould be firm to the touch. Use a small spatula and press each cookie down alittle so it is flat. Let the cookie sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutesbefore moving to a cooling rack.
1. While the cookies are cooling make the filling. Using your hand-held mixer or electric mixer beat together in a medium size bowl the marshmallow crème, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla until combined.
8. When the cookies have all cooled spread some of thefilling onto one of the flat sides of the cookie, put another flat side cookieon top of the filling. Press down gently to distribute the filling evenly.Continue until all the Whoopie Pies are assembled.
*May freeze in freezer bags for up to 2 months