Hello Fannies!!!! We hope you are enjoying the end of this beautiful summer. While “normal” life still doesn’t exist, family time and yummy food is more important than ever! So let’s get started.
We often hear that it is just too hard to get dinner on the table every night. That life is just too busy! And we totally get it! Weeknights are often spent running kids around to different activities and seem to fly by.
But guess what? We have a solution to this. Its Meal Planning! The hardest part about cooking is deciding what to make.
Meal planning is pretty incredible for so many reasons:
- You save so much money! Writing out a meal plan and grocery list before heading to the grocery store will help you not make impulse buys and keep you from going to the store every other day.
- You have all the ingredients and are ready to go before dinner time. This saves so much time and energy! And on particularly busy nights, make dinner ahead of time!
- We love to stick to our Theme Nights, giving us a variety to what we eat. This variety of foods makes for such a healthy diet!
We love to make two week meal plans. For us, this is the perfect amount of time, not too long and not too short. We try to grocery shop about once a week. Here is the link to our most recent meal plan. Cook right along side us!
Finally, meal planning really is the only way to go. For more information on our meal planning and theme night philosophy, check out this blog post. Start today!
What we are cooking:
Just like every week, we have been eating some pretty delicious things over here the last couple weeks! Here is a link to a couple of our favorites.
- Red and White Mostaccioli: Its no wonder why this is probably our most popular dish. We love everything about it! Mostaccioli is something that the entire familywill love. One of the best things about this meal is how well it freezes. Next time you are bringing dinner to someone who just had a baby, look no farther! Make one for your family and a second pan for the neighbors. Its the best!
- Coconut Squares: We just posted this recipe this week and its pretty amazing. The combination of coconut and apricot will blow your mind!
Things we are loving:
- New Warehouse hours: Our warehouse is now open Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-3pm! We are so excited to be open more for you!
- New shipping company: Have you ordered anything online in the last few days? We just found a shipping company with much better rates! Hallelujah!!! Shipping costs are now much more reasonable.
- Dough Hook: Our new dough hook is finally here! We have been talking about this for months, and it can finally be yours! Everything about this hook is incredible. They are made by a guy right here in Woodland, Ut. The quality is unmatched! It is practically indestructible and will last you a lifetime. You don’t want to miss out on one of these!
What we are wearing:
- Jcrew Vintage Cotton Port Elizabeth Tee: This shirt just might be my new favorite, since it has both of our names on it!
- Madewell Chambray smocked-waist ruffle hem midi skirt: I just got this and love everything about it!
- Madewell Northside Vintage Tee: This is just such a classic tee! I just got it in the British Surplus color and am loving it.
Well Fannies, that’s a wrap for the week! Thanks for tuning in. And as always, keep cooking, your family is worth it!
The Food Nannies!