Welcome to our most recent edition of TDF Weekly! It has been a wild and crazy week in The Food Nanny’s kitchen. This week, I am sharing some of our favorite items and a little glimpse into my crazy life right now!
What we are wearing:
- Free People So Low So High Cashmere Sweater: I have this in black, but want it in every single color! It is the perfect fit and shape. I find myself wanting to wear it all the time.
- Anthropologie Zodiac Coin Necklace: After seeing a friend of mine wearing this, I had to have it! I decided to get the lion, even though that’s not my Zodiac sign. The detail is exquisite and at such a great price!
- J.Crew long-sleeve everyday cashmere fitted v-neck sweater: If you are looking for a classic, staple sweater, look no further! This sweater is for you. It fits amazing, is comfortable, and is adorable.
My Life Lately:
As many of you know, I am writing a cookbook! Holy cow it has been nuts. I now understand why it took my mom 7 years to write her first book! It truly is so much work between coming up with the recipes, lots of trial and error, and more dishes than you can imagine. But the excitement in getting to share all of this with you makes it all worth it! I now know why it took my mom 7 years to write her first book. Here are some highlights about the book so far:
- My (Lizi) family moved in to my parents home just before they left on their mission. Getting to write and cook in the same kitchen she did has so much meaning for me. I look up to my mom in every possible way and love following in her footsteps!
- This cookbook is all about Kamut! Our love runs deep for this amazing flour, and so we decided to make things easier for all of you. It will have exact measurement specifically for Kamut, so no more guessing!
- Some of the recipes in the book will be our favorites that you already know and love! But they will have updated measurements specifically for Kamut. And then we also have tons of new recipes. I am so excited to share them with all of you!
- Finally, what you have all been waiting for! We are hoping to have the books available in late May, early June. Right now, we are wrapping up the photography portion. And once the design is completed, production will begin!
And now you know why things have looked a little different around here. As exhausting as this has been, it is all worth it to share our love for Kamut with as many people as possible. It is truly life changing. If you haven’t tried it yet, grab one of our 5 lb bags and get cooking! We are so grateful to each and every one of you! And don’t forget, keep cooking, your family is worth it.