ULTIMATE MAC & CHEESE
We came up with the best Mac & Cheese you have ever tasted!!
Ok..Ok.. We know what all of you are thinking... This has to be the most fattening Mac & Cheese I have ever seen! This is no more fattening than one you get at a restaurant and because it so deliciously rich and cheesy you don't want to eat a lot of it! This little 8 x 8 pan goes a long way!! When we first tried to come up with the Ultimate Mac & Cheese right away I knew it needed my famous Alfredo sauce. So I started there and then slowly added 3 other cheeses to make it perfection!! Obviously this isn't something that we make weekly, but for a fancier insanely delicious Mac & Cheese you have to give this a try..!! XOXO
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or black truffle butter
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cups Half & Half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Penne Pasta
- 1 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Mix in the cream cheese.
- Stir in heavy cream, Half & Half, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Decrease heat and simmer 10 to 15 min. stirring often.
- Cook the pasta and drain. Add prepared sauce, cheddar cheese and Asiago cheese to the pasta. mix well.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Mix together Ritz crackers and melted butter and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. or until bubbly.
- Serve with: Mixed vegetables.
- Variations: Add chopped jalapenos. For a drier mac and cheese, use a 9 x 13 casserole dish and cook for 15 minutes. May also broil the cracker topping after baking for a crunchier texture.