THE QUEEN OF CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
BEST CUPCAKES IN THE WORLD.... These cupcakes I promise you could be put up against any I know! They are so moist.. when you take a bite it literally melts in your mouth. I have had many fans tell me they are obsessed with these. One of my fans said, "she had them at a party and everyone thought I had bought them from a special bakery!" NOT the normal homemade cupcakes! The frosting is perfection!! It's the best Butter Cream you have ever had! Can you tell how much I love these??!!!
It's almost Halloween!! Here is a fun idea for Halloween cupcakes to make with your little ones in the kitchen. This was very simple and pretty inexpensive! Make the cupcakes as normal and use the same butter cream frosting. I found everything to decorate them at my local Wal Mart in the specialty cake section! I even found a brown frosting dye too, it worked perfectly! The legs are just the twizzler pull apart licorice. Once you have them frosted, dunk the top of the cupcake in a bowl that you have your brown sprinkles in. It coats them very nicely. So easy and the kids were freaking out! They thought it was too much fun!! Enjoy!! XOXO
- 1 Devils Food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 5.9 oz (large) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup boiling water ( I put in microwave until boiling)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Butter Cream Frosting:
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Place the rack in the middle position of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix and eggs. Add the chocolate pudding, oil and hot water, mix. add sour cream, mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour individual cupcake papers 3/4 full. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 25 minutes or until they spring back when touched. It is very important not to over cook these cupcakes. Remove from oven and let the cupcakes cool in the freezer. These can be frozen ahead of time and frosted frozen if desired.
- Butter Cream Frosting:
- In a small bowl mix the softened butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and milk with an electric hand-held beater until smooth. (Keep mixing, it will all come together).
- Fill a pastry bag with frosting and a 1M tip. Starting from a little bit inside and outside edge, holding the bag up straight over the cupcake, begin to make a circle and continue with the circle until the cupcake has the desired amount of frosting. (You want to see that the cupcake is chocolate, so not to cover the entire top). This is enough frosting to frost 21 cupcakes.