Looking for a quick easy meal for dinner? When is the last time you made Sloppy Joes?!?! I love cooking them on rainy days. They will make your kitchen smell so yummy. If you need to feed a crowd these also work very well! EASY and DELICIOUS.. I love to serve them with chips and baked beans!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 buns
- Butter, for buttering the buns (optional)
- Melt the 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saucepan or skillet over medium heat and cook and stir the onion until soft. Add the meat and cook and stir until it is thoroughly cooked. Drain the grease and return to the pan.
- Add the ketchup, 1/2 cup of water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, adding more water as needed for the desired consistency.
- Butter the buns, if desired and toast them under the broiler. Watch closely to be sure they don't burn. Spoon the meat mixture onto the bottom halves of the buns and cover with the tops. Or prepare open-face sandwiches. Serve immediately.