SAUSAGE AND ALFREDO PIZZA
Have we mentioned enough that our Alfredo sauce is the best... EVEN on pizza!
We faithfully for as long as we can remember have had Friday Night Pizza Night!! We love to make it or get take out, either way we are eating pizza Friday Night! My basic pizza dough in the first book is amazing and so fast! But when I met Michelle from Italy and she shared this recipe, my pizzas have now become life changing haha! Seriously this will be the best homemade pizza you have ever had.. lately we have been loving the combo of our Alfredo sauce with sausage! To make the pizza... first make the Alfredo sauce recipe below, then cook some sausage in a fry pan until browned. We love to use Jimmy Dean sausage, then on top put some mozzarella cheese. YUM YUM YUM!!! So easy yet so good you have to give it a try! You can find both pizza dough recipes under pizzas in our index!! XOXOX
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Mix in the cream cheese. Stir in the cream and garlic powder. Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat and simmer, stirring often while, you cook the pasta. If the sauce needs additional thickening (for example if your serving it as a dipping sauce without pasta), you may sprinkle in flour, 1 teaspoon at a time. Cook and stir for desired consistency.
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain
- Stir the Parmesan cheese into the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the sauce and pasta in a large bowl and serve immediately.