RAVIOLI WITH SAGE IN BUTTER SAUCE
This is a SUPER yummy main or side dish!!
This is such an easy dinner! The ravioli is something you can keep on hand and make in no time at all. We love easy meals like this......especially around the holidays! And who doesn't like a butter sauce??!! Serve it with a green salad and warm bread! YUM!!!!!
- 9 oz. about (11) fresh or frozen spinach ricotta cheese ravioli
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup (2-3 oz) fresh sage
- 2 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice (optional)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated for serving
- Prepare the ravioli by bringing 5 quarts of water to a boil. Salt lightly. Boil the fresh ravioli for 6-8 min; if frozen follow the package instructions.
- While the ravioli is boiling, melt the butter over low heat in an 8 inch sauce pan. Add the fresh sage all at once. Stir as the sage wilts into the butter. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Uncovered. The butter will brown perfectly as the sage and butter simmer together. Remove from heat and remove the sage. Sprinkle in a little of the crisp sage for more sage taste, if you prefer. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and lemon juice if using. Season with a tiny amount of course salt and fresh ground black pepper. Stir.
- Carefully drain the pasta. Arrange on a plate. Spoon the sage sauce over top the ravioli. Sprinkle on freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste. Serve hot.