QUICK AND EASY HONEY LIME CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
These Chicken Enchiladas might be my favorite EVER! These enchiladas seriously have so much flavor.. Every time I make them I'm reminded how amazing they are!! We have all now made these a few times for dinner parties and everyone is dying over them! We are nuts about Mexican Food and I honestly feel like I have some of the best recipes you will ever try! This is a quick and easy enchilada recipe that you can whip up in no time. You can cook your own chicken or grab a Rotisserie Chicken. Either way its amazing..! I promise every Mexican Night you will be craving these!! XOXO
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cooked (purchased) Rotisserie Chicken*, shredded equivalent of 1 medium chicken breasts
- 2 10 oz. cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 lb. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Sour Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, mix the marinade sauce: honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. Save half this marinade sauce for later. Set it aside.
- Toss half the marinade with the cooked chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Spray a 9X13 inch-baking dish with cooking oil. Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on bottom to coat.
- Set aside 1 1/4 cups of the shredded cheese for topping. Lay the flour tortillas out on the counter or a baking sheet. Divide the chicken and shredded cheese evenly over the tortillas.
- Roll up each enchilada and place in the baking dish side by side. Mix the remaining marinade with the rest of the green enchilada sauce and cream. Pour over the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minute. Serve immediately. Pass the sour cream.
- Serve with: Chips and Salsa. Food Nanny Lime Rice and black beans