These rolls are so festive this time of year! [embed]https://www.facebook.com/TheFoodNanny/videos/1014531508569603/[/embed]
These fabulous orange rolls are a Christmas tradition at our house for sure! We love them all year......but they especially taste good at holiday time!! The kids beg for them! We love to make them in the muffin tins cause they turn out so beautiful. These will become one of your all time favorite rolls to make for your family dinners!!
- Plan Ahead: Freeze ahead of time, unthaw and bake.
- 1/4 cup warm water, (105-155 degrees)
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 1/2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), room temperature
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Stir the water and yeast together in a small bowl. Let it bloom about 10 minute. Scald the milk in the microwave for 1 minute. 45 sec. Let cool to lukewarm. In a large bowl add the sugar, salt, butter, eggs. Stir in the milk and yeast mixture. Add 3 1/2 cups flour and beat with a spoon. (if the dough is still too sticky add the last 1/2 cup flour)
- Place the dough in a large bowl that has been greased with a little butter. Cover with dishtowel. Let dough rise 1 1/2 hours. Pour out onto counter top (lightly flour if necessary) and roll out to about 2 ft. long and 1/4 inch thick.
- Cream together the ingredients for the spread-sugar, butter and grated orange rind. Spread evenly over the dough. Roll like you would for cinnamon rolls, starting from the short end.
- Cut the dough in half and cut 12 rolls from each side. Place in generously greased muffin tins, greased with shortening or baking spray.
- Cover with a dishtowel. Let rise 1 hour 20 min. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven on the middle rack for 15 to 20 mins. or until they start to get light brown on top. Serve warm. Cooled rolls will keep for 2 days in plastic wrap. May freeze.