Oatmeal Brownies! We are always looking for a treat! Especially around 3 o'clock in the afternoon;). These are pretty addictive. Chocolatey, chewy, and just about everything you could want! Oatmeal brownies are a little heartier than your average brownie and we like that they are more of a cookie/brownie than just a regular old chocolate brownie. Because we haven't met a cookie yet we don't want! If you're an oatmeal fan we think you'll really like these!
The Food Nanny
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large package of milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dough ingredients together in the bowl of a heavy duty mixer. The dough will be somewhat stiff.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the dough and set aside.
- Press the remaining dough into a 9x13 prepared glass pan.
- In a medium size saucepan over medium heat, melt and mix all ingredients for the sauce until smooth. Pour over the dough in the 9x13 pan. Sprinkle (break apart) the remaining cup and a half of dough over the top of the chocolate sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.