MAC & CHEESE
When my kids were little, we couldn't live without this cheesy, saucy recipe. My daughter Emaly begged for it every Wednesday! There is nothing fancy about it... it's just plain macaroni and cheese.. but kids love it. This is now a family favorite for her family! XOXOXOXOXO
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a square baking dish.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Blend in the flour, salt, and pepper. Add the milk; cook and stir until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Decrease the heat to low and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Combine the cheese sauce with the macaroni and place in the prepared baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Serve with your choice of vegetable.