GINGERSNAPS WITH VANILLA CHIPS FROSTING
Shape the dough into balls using a Tablespoon and roll in sugar.
Dip half of the cookie into the melted vanilla chips and cool on waxed paper.
Gorgeous AND Delicious...ready for anything! Take to your next party or wrap these up for little Christmas presents and deliver to your friends and neighbors.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (for high altitude add 2 Tablespoons more flour)
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling the cookies in
- 3 - 11 oz. bags vanilla chips or white classic
- 1 Tablspoon shortening
- In a medium sized bowl combine sugar, oil, butter, and eggs, one at a time. Mix for 2 minutes. Stir in the molasses. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Gradually add into the wet ingredients until well mixed in.
- Put 1/2 cup sugar in a pie plate. Shape the dough into balls using a Tablespoon an roll in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 min. Cool completely.
- Melt 3 bags vanilla or white classic chips in a double boiler. (Can melt in the microwave: go slow, stirring after every 30 seconds.) Add shortening. Stir until smooth. Pour the chocolate into a small, deep bowl. Dip half of the cookie into the melted vanilla chips and cool on waxed paper.