COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Cookies should be a staple in every home. Now that summer is here and the warm weather has hit, try making up a batch of my Chocolate chip cookies and filling them with your favorite ice cream. They make really yummy ice cream sandwiches!!! My daughter is law Lisa is famous for these! She loves making them with mini chocolate chips and making nibbler size cookies! ENJOY!!!!! XOXOXOXOX
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs. Beat about 1 minute.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl. Add to the butter mixture and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake 8 mins. Remove to a cooling rack. These cookies freeze well!
- MAKE SURE YOU GRAB YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM