CLASSIC CHEESE BALL
This is the perfect appetizer for your 4th of July party!! Keep your party entertained while your making the main meal. This Cheese ball has been a massive hit with our family, even with some family members that are picky saying they "hate normal cheese balls." They find themselves not able to stop picking at it. You can choose your nut of choice to use, we just prefer cashews. This will be a great HIT at your next party! Enjoy! XOXO
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch green onions
- 10 slices ultra thin ham or chipped beef, cut into 1/4 x 1/2 inch small strips
- 1 1/2-2 cups chopped nuts- cashews, almonds or walnuts
- In a medium bowl mix the softened cream cheese with mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Rinse off the onions. Trim the end Cut the onions, stem and all into tiny piece with scissors into the bowl. Stir onions and ham or beef strips into the cream cheese mixture. Form into a ball. Roll in the chopped nuts of choice. I prefer cashews. Cover in plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Tip: This makes enough for a party. Cut recipe in 1/2 if using just for your family.
- Serve With: Favorite crackers