My dad would often make strawberry malts that were better than any we could buy! This tradition has carried over into our family as well......except chocolate is our favorite! When you dont want to bake, but want something sweet, make a malt! No one needs to drink a full glass......just a taste is good. We often use our smallest glasses!! But we also like to have some fun and add a little whip cream and fun straws:)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate -flavored syrup
- Put the ice cream in a blender. Add the malted milk powder and pour in the milk and chocolate syrup. Blend well. If you like a thinner malt add more milk.
- Divide between 2 (or more) glasses.
- For strawberry malts, use strawberry jam in place of the chocolate syrup
- Omit the malted milk powder and the malt becomes a milkshake.