This is a really quick, SUPER yummy dish to make!
It's nice to have those dinners that you know can be on the table in 30 min or less. This is one of those! It is easy and SO delicious! We tend to split the chicken breasts in half after they are cooked because sometimes one is just too much! You can feed a lot of people splitting the breasts! Kids love this meal too, which is always a bonus;). Dinner in no time! Love it! XO
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, cooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup homemade bread crumbs (2 pieces of white sandwich bread) or italian breadcrumbs store bought
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (skip if using Italian breadcrumbs from the store)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups homemade marinara or store bought spaghetti sauce, without meat
- 1/2 cup pasta water, or more
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil 5 quarts of water in a large pot. Add 2 teaspoons salt and spaghetti. Cook about 10 min. or until tender. Drain. Set aside. Save 1/2 cup pasta water plus extra if needed.
- Wipe off the chicken with a wet paper towel. Using the palm of your hand, flatten the chicken to even thickness or use a mallet and put chicken between 2 pieces of plastic to flatten to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Beat the egg in a shallow dish. In a food processor or blender process the bread until crumbs. Place in a shallow dish and stir in the Italian seasoning (can illuminate step if not making own breadcrumbs). Dip chicken into egg, then into crumbs to coat.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Brown the chicken on both sides. Add the spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup pasta water. Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 min. Sprinkle both cheeses on top. Cover and simmer again for 5 min or until the cheese melts. If sauce is too thick, add more pasta water. Serve over drained hot spaghetti.
- On the side serve with mixed vegetables or fresh green salad.