This is an easy tasty soup. I always pair it with my homemade French baguettes.....which are great for dipping in the soup!!! YUMMY!
Set some new cooking goals today! If you don't cook at all try meal planning for 2 days... if you cook 2 times a week try 4!! People make all the excuses in the world of why they don't have time to cook.. I raised 7 kids that were very involved. It is what bonded us together everynight! Give it a try. Tonight if your sitting around the table with your family.. Ask them what goals they have for this school year? XOXO
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small white onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 to 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half in half
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the carrots and onion until the onion is just starting to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and potato. Increase the heat and bring to boil. Decrease the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the vegetables are soft and the flavors are blended, about 40 minutes. Add the ginger.
- Puree in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. (or use an immersion blender in the soup pot.) Stir in the salt, white pepper, and cream and serve immediately.