Brown Rice With Almonds, Dried Blueberries and Balsamic Vinaigrette
We are always trying new ways to fix rice. It's especially delicious cooked this way with nuts and fruit. The vinaigrette just finishes it off! You are going to love this delicious rice creation. xo
Plan Ahead: Prepare the rice and vinaigrette ahead of time. Adding the other ingredients takes 5 minutes!
This Tasty Brown Rice just might become a new family favorite...just sayin'! You never know until you try. We have plenty of white rice lovers in our homes but this is a great way to mix in a different rice once in a while. You'll love all the texture it has! Our brown rice can be served as a side with your meal or if you are looking for a light dinner, it could even pass as your meal. It is hearty and loaded with flavor.
Food Nanny says to Serve with: Vegetables, beef, chicken or lamb.
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I prefer cherry-wood aged available at a quality food store)
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons raw almonds, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon white corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon dried blueberries
- In a small bowl mix together the vinegar, garlic, and brown sugar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set vinaigrette aside.
- In a small saucepan stir together the rice, chicken broth (or water) and olive oil. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to simmer, cover and cook 40 min., or until the rice is tender. set aside.
- In a small fry pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add almonds and corn. Saute for about 2 min., stirring constantly. Add cooked rice and blueberries. Stir constantly for another minute. Add 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette. Mix thoroughly. Serve warm.