BEEF AND BEAN TACO SOUP
This is a great soup to make when you are short on time! Everyone loves it too! There is so much flavor and super satisfying! If you prefer chicken, this soup is delicious with chicken as well. Or this soup can be made meatless too.......just omit the meat and add more beans. Everyone needs a good taco soup "go-to" and this is our favorite one for sure!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1.2-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans corn, undrained
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, undrained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Brown the meat in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender. Drain the fat.
- Add the taco seasoning, beans, corn, olives, and tomatoes. Simmer, covered, at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hrs to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve the soup and pass the chips, cheese and sour cream in separate bowls.