APPLE, DRIED CHERRY AND WALNUT SALAD
Apple and Walnut Salad
Plan Ahead: Toast the walnuts. Prepare the dressing one-day ahead.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons white wine or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 5 oz. bag mixed baby greensor Romaine, about 10 leaves
- 2 small apples, skin on, diced or cut into matchstick sizestrips
- 1⁄2 cup tart dried cherries, or dried cranberries
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, maple syrup, vinegar, sugar and oil. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Toast the walnuts in the oven at 350° for 10 min.
- In a medium size salad bowl add the lettuce,apples, dried cranberries or cherries, and walnuts. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve with: Honey White Bread page 245. I love this salad with a turkey or ham dinner.