We love everything about this sandwich! It is always a crowd pleasure and easy to make for a big group.
I can’t decide if my favorite part is the crunchy bread, melted cheese, flavorful chicken, or crisp veggies. The flavors will knock your socks off!
This year we decided to make these for the Super Bowl, but we think it will be perfect for any occasion!
Keep cooking, your family is worth it!
The Food Nanny!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 lb boneless/ skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder or 3 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces bottled Cherry peppers diced
- 1 tbsp Cherry pepper juice from bottle
- French salt
- ground pepper
- 4 French or hoagie rolls, french baguettes, or Italian bread
- Butter for spreading
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 Tomato chopped
- olive oil
In a medium size fry pan over low heat melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the onion, chicken, garlic poweder or fresh garlic, chicken broth, cherry peppers, cherry pepper juice, salt and pepper to taste. Saute, stirring often and breaking up the chicken as fine as possible until the chicken is cooked and most of the liquid is gone. (You don't want the chicken to dr out!) About 8-10 minutes. Take off the heat, cover and set aside.
Open the roll, butter it and lay the cheese on. Broil the roll or bread until the cheese is mostly melted and the bun is warm, not crunchy.
Spoon on the chicken mixture, sprinkle with lettuce and tomato. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.