This is one of my all time favorite sandwiches. It is easy and so delicious. Low in calorie and tasty! Great for Vegetarians. Eat this on Wednesday for a nice easy meal, or serve it for lunch to your friends. xo
Warm Pita Mushroom Melt
The Food Nanny
- 2 7- inch rounds of Pita bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced ¼ inch white mushrooms
- ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese grated
½ to 1 Tablespoon Italian dressing store bought
- In a medium size frying pan over low heat, sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil and butter about 3 min. Salt lightly. Add the mozzarella cheese just until it melts. Set aside.
- Warm each Pita in a small frying pan over medium heat about 2 min. per side with a few drops of olive oil. Cover. Turn so both sides are warm. Divide the mushrooms and cheese between the 2 Pitas.
- Pour ½ to 1 Tablespoon of the dressing on to each mushroom melt. Fold over. Serve immediately.
Serve with: Chips of choice. Basic Salad on page 258, Strawberry Days Salad on page 267 or Couscous Salad on page 269.
Variation: Use my French Baguette on page 242 for this sandwich.