This salad is a serious KEEPER!!! You could serve this with anything or anytime of year! We cant get enough of it lately… its so refreshing and so delicious!! We love to entertain and make lunches for friends!! Its the perfect salad to serve with our French baguettes and one of our amazing desserts! This will become your new favorite for sure!
Strawberry Days Salad
The Food Nanny
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion little strips
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 to mato chopped or 6 grape tomatoes, halved
Prepare the dressing in a small bowl. Whisk together the vinegar, dry mustard, salt, sugar, jam and olive oil. Keep in the refrigerator for up to one day.
Stir the almonds and sugar together in a small saucepan over low heat. When the sugar is melted and the almonds begin to barley turn brown, (about 5 min) the almonds are ready. Put the almonds on foil to cool. Store in a plastic bag when cool.
- Mix the romaine, arugula, red onion, strawberries, Parmesan cheese and tomatoes together. Mix in the sugared almonds. Pour on the dressing. Mix.
- Serve with: Almost Anything