Warm Pita Mushroom Melt
- 2 7- inch rounds of Pita bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced (¼ inch white mushrooms)
- ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- ½ to 1 Tablespoon Italian dressing (store bought)
- In a medium size frying pan over low heat, sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil and butter about 3 min. Salt lightly. Add the mozzarella cheese just until it melts. Set aside.
- Warm each Pita in a small frying pan over medium heat about 2 min. per side with a few drops of olive oil. Cover. Turn so both sides are warm. Divide the mushrooms and cheese between the 2 Pitas.
- Pour ½ to 1 Tablespoon of the dressing on to each mushroom melt. Fold over. Serve immediately.
Serve with: Chips of choice. Basic Salad on page 258, Strawberry Days Salad on page 267 or Couscous Salad on page 269.
Variation: Use my French Baguette on page 242 for this sandwich.