Hello Fannies! We missed last week, but we are back with some of our favorite things! Our time together is winding down before Sr. Food Nanny heads out on her mission. It is such an exciting time! We are squeezing in all the things we can, so don't miss a second with us. Here are a few of our favorite things from this last week!
What we made:
We made some pretty incredible meals this week. Are you following along with our two week meal plan? You do not have to, but we promise you will not be disappointed. Here are some of this weeks highlights:
- Everyday Hot chocolate: To begin, we make this just about every morning, and it never disappoints! It helps us start our day on the right foot. We love to pair it with some toasted Kamut bread. So satisfying!
- Crunchy Parmesan Chicken: We made this on Monday, and it hit the spot! This is a meal that the whole family loves. It is a must try.
- Lizi's Kamut All Purpose Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies: Finally, we made a lot of cookies this week. Let's be honest, we make cookies every week! Lizi is the cookie master, and her new chocolate chip cookie recipe shows it.
What we used:
We have had a lot of questions on different items we used in the kitchen, so here is a round up of some of our favorite recent kitchen items!
- Staub 6 inch frying pan: First off, we absolutely love this little frying pan! And guess what? We just found you one that's on sale! You won't find it for a better price. We love the quality and durability of Staub. It may cost a little more up front, but it will last you forever.
- Milk Frother: This is what we use to make our hot chocolate. It is inexpensive, and makes the perfect hot chocolate!
- Cookie Sheets: Next, this is something we get asked about all the time! The classic size is a 1/2 size sheet, and thats what we use. Our favorites are from Orson Gygi.
- Induction Cooker: We just started using this every morning with our hot chocolate, and we love this brand! And we use it for many different things, not just for hot chocolate. Its nice having another options for cooking and heating things quickly.
- Large cookie scoop: When making our cookies, we love using a cookie scoop. This is our secret to perfectly symmetrical cookies!
- Smeg Toaster: This toaster is honestly incredible! It looks so cute on the counter and makes our Kamut toast perfect every time!
- Jcrew Rain Jacket: Finally, we can't wait to share this jacket with you! We know, we know, this isn't something we used in our kitchen. But its something we are loving right now and couldn't hold it in any longer.
What we did:
We had an amazing week, and here are a couple of highlights!
- Live with Abountiful Kitchen: What an awesome day this was! Si is such an amazing and kind person. She has so many wonderful recipes, but we decided to bond over cookies! We made her Levain bakery chocolate chip cookies, and they did not disappoint! She has perfected every detail!
- Chokecherry Festival: And to end the week, we were so honored to be part of this community event! Every year, Billy Sue puts on this event in Woodland. She makes her homemade chokecherry jam. We had an absolute blast!
Finally, have a wonderful week Fannies!