This dish is very simple and inexpensive.... and the best part the chicken will be falling off the bone!!!!!
This recipe is in the first cookbook under Grill Night. It's easy to forget about this one because this isn't really barbecue, but it's an easy Saturday supper, so it was added there! For those of you that love the Crockpot... I think this recipe would be easy to do! It really doesn't get easier than this!! Hope you enjoy! I love to serve it with brown rice and the vegetable of your choice. Dinner Rescued!
SWEET AND SOUR BAKED CHICKEN
- 8 drumsticks
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 8- ounce can pineapple chucks with juice (undrained)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the chicken pieces in a 9x13 baking dish. (you may remove the skin if desired)
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, pineapple, soy sauce, and dry mustard. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake 70-80 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through the cooking time. The chicken is done when the juices run clear, or if you prefer them well done, when the meat falls off the bone.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and pour the sauce into a small bowl.