The temperature has dropped a little (at least where we are) and its got us wanting and craving all the things we love to make in Fall! This is one of our family favorites! It smells so good coming out of the oven too! This time we made mini loaves instead of one regular size. They're too cute. And they're perfect to take to someone else too! If you have the mini loaf pans.....one recipe makes three mini loaves. This tasty bread will not disappoint!!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups plus 2 Table Spoons White Kamut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon French gray salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and lightly flour a 9x5x3-in loaf pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, and oil.
Sift the flour, baking soda, French gray salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture and combine, but do not overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, but not dry. Do not overbake; the bread should be moist. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 min. Turn out onto the rack to cool completely.
- *may add nuts if desired