Pasta With Hot Italian Sausage
This easy meal is fast and can be put together in 15 minutes! Kids love it as much as adults. Double or triple the recipe. My girls made up this recipe. The bell pepper make it!
- 1 medium/large red bell pepper sliced in ⅛ inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. 2 cups bowtie pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2½ about ½ pound hot Italian sausage links casings removed
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup pasta water
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Rinse the bell pepper, core and cut into strips. Set aside.
Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pasta, stir, turn down the heat and boil for 9 min.
While the pasta is boiling, heat olive oil in a 10-12 inch fry pan over medium/high until hot. Add the sausage and peppers together. Stir and break up sausage as it browns. When the sausage is browned, stir in the black pepper. Add the beef broth and pasta water. Simmer for 5-8 min. or until the liquid is absorbed.
Drain the pasta. Pour sauce over cooked pasta. Serve. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Serve with: Hot Italian bread. Everyday Artisan Bread page 236, French Baguettes page 242, Two Basic Salads page 258, Artichokes or Brussel Sprouts.