We have been making these for YEARS now! We all crave them from time to time and we always eat way too many!! My daughter Katie will crave these like no other. These have become one of her most favorite dessert's ever! Because she loves them so much and is always making them for us, we now can't make these without thinking of her. If your not a big fan of the nuts just leave them out, there are many times we use them and not the next. If your making these for a crowd you just double the recipe to make a 9 x 13. I promise you these bars are very tasty and gooey! XOXO
HELLO DOLLY BARS
- 1/2 cup 1stick butter
- 1 1/4 finely crushed graham crackers (about 7 whole crackers)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups coconut
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and melt the butter in a square baking pan in the oven.
- Layer, in order, the graham cracker crumbs, nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut over the butter. Pour the milk slowly and evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, cool and cut into bars.
- Variation: Add a layer of 1 cup butterscotch chips after the chocolate chips