LINGUINI AVOCADO ALFREDO
- 1 Avocado
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- ¼ teaspoon Fleur de Sel
- ¼ cup butter (land o lakes)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 16 oz. 1-lb. Linguini
- 1 Tablespoon French Gray Salt
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons Italian Parsley for garnish
- Prepare the avocado mixture: Place the pitted flesh of the avocado in a shallow bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado. Add ¼ teaspoon fleur de sel. Smash with a fork and mix together. Set aside.
- In a large shallow pan, melt the butter over very low heat. Add the cream and cream cheese. Stir together and bring to a low simmer. Add the shredded Manchego cheese. Stir until mixed creamy. Turn off the heat.
- 3.. Fill a large stock pot or pasta pot with water. Bring to a boil, add 1 Tablespoon French Gray Salt. Now add in the Linguini. Cook for 11 -12 minutes. Turn off the heat, and immediately using your tongs, in small batches, hold the linguini in the air dripping off most of the water and add it directly to the avocado sauce. Stir the sauce and linguini together with the tongs.
Turn the hot pasta out into a large pasta bowl. Sprinkle with the shredded Parmesan cheese. Chop some fresh Italian parsley and sprinkle on top of the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Serve with: Sliced Garden Tomatoes, Butter lettuce, purple onion sliced, Olive Oil, Balsamic. Fleur de sel. Grilled Chicken, Sprinkle with Olive Oil, Fleur de sel and fresh ground black pepper.